Changes at Vermaaklikheid Shop and Restaurant

The management of the Shop and Restaurant has changed again.
Malcolm has returned to Cape Town and Andy, who was running the restaurant, is now the manager. Renovations are underway with the restaurant and bar moving back into the old house. Andy aims to open the new bar by the 1st September.

6 thoughts on “Changes at Vermaaklikheid Shop and Restaurant

• August 15, 2010 at 8:04 am

If Andy is responsible for seeing the shop has stock in it – WELL DONE ANDY!! What an irratation after you have driven some distance to make the effort and stop to support local business only to discover there is nothing inside. As a result we almost never stopped on the 11/08/10. A pleasant suprise awaited me when I stepped inside. There was a selection, the shop looked well stocked and had interseting nik-naks.
    The lady who works there is always so polite and friendly.

• August 15, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Thanks for the comment Louise! I will pass on the compliment when I next see Andy.

• December 7, 2010 at 7:29 am

Hi Carol. Just requesting you christmas menu and costs as I would like to book.

• December 21, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Thank you to all you have been supporting us through all the changes. We hope to see you all through the festive season. Hope you all have a merry christmas and a blessed new year.
    Regards Andy and family

• December 29, 2010 at 6:34 pm

We are typical South Africans.When asked how our meal was, we answed ‘fine’. In trueth the meal was one of the worst that we have ever had. Plus no white wine, ice cream and a long, long wait. I would not go again nor recommend to a friend.

• June 13, 2011 at 2:36 pm

To Whom it may concern

The 28th of June to the 2 July 2011 a group of 6 youths from Cape Town is coming to Vermaaklikheid community do a holiday program with the kids playing interactive games and in the process spreading the word of God. We are in contact with the principal Amanda Zeelie of the ACE school and a resident of Vermaaklikheid, in hope that the mission trip will be a success. I send this email seeking any sort of donation from the local businesses in Vermaaklikheid. Weather money, equipment or food.
    Looking forward to your response.
    For further information or proof (letter head) of the initiative feel free to contact me Stephanie Bam on 072 616 5046.

God bless you